2016 was a great year for the PCEE division. Our annual report, released in June, describes highlights from the Annual Conference and K-12 Workshops, as well as a long list of achievements from the year. In addition, you will find the names of the award winners, basic division membership stats, and goals for the next year.
- A well-attended Saturday K12 Annual Workshop, and five Sunday Workshops.
- 2016 program submissions: 201 abstracts and 119 finalized papers.
- Papers were organized into 5 categories: Research to Practice, Fundamental, Evaluation, Work in Progress and Curriculum/Resource Exchange; rubrics were refined for each category.
- Each paper received 3 independent blind reviews. 478 members reviewed papers, and provided thoughtful feedback. THANK YOU!!
- PCEE at the 2016 ASEE Conference:
- 20 technical sessions for 91 orally presented papers
- 12 Resource and Curriculum Exchange presentations
- 16 Works in Progress posters
- Events: Mixer (Sun), Reception (Mon), Business Meeting (Tue)
- Special Sessions: Next Steps in PK-12 Transformation Panel (Tues), Measuring Technology & Engineering Literacy on the Nation’s Report Card (Wed), PCEE Division Distinguished Lecture (Wed)
- Co-Sponsored Sessions: Interdivisional Town Hall (ABET changes) (Mon), K-12 STEM Engineering/Physics Education (Mon), and WIED Technical Session: Pre-College Programs for Women (Wed)
Accomplishments in 2015-2016
- K12 Teacher Workshop coordination with Frontiers in Education
- A new Division name
- A new logo
- An updated website (more to come!)
- Vision, Mission & Core Beliefs Development
- Updated Awards Descriptions, Policies and Procedures
- Diversity tips in our newsletters
- NSTA Regional and STEM Forum participation
- New Vision, Mission and Core Beliefs statements
Looking ahead to 2016-2017
- New committees: Blog + Webinar, Booth + Toolkit, PCEE Teacher Member
- Commit to P12 activities throughout the year and at the Annual Conference and Expo in Columbus, OH
- Sat, June 24, 2017: P12 Teacher Workshop – Columbus, OH
- Sun, June 25 – 28, 2017: ASEE Annual Conference – Columbus, OH
- Nominations for elected positions: February, 2017
718 division members
6% of all ASEE members
703 division members last year
PCEE Division Awards
Ken Hunter, Lifetime Achievement Award
Stacy Klein-Gardner, Meritorious Service Award
Bruce Wellman, Meritorious Service Award
Pam Lottero-Perdue & Liz Parry, Best Paper
Liz Parry – ASEE Fellow