The PCEE Division is thrilled to announce a new grant program for P12 teachers who seek support for the implementation of an engineering project in their classroom. The awarded funds will support the purchase of classroom materials and/or teacher professional learning expenses. There are two possible grant amounts, depending on project type:
Single: For a project that will impact a single teacher and her/his classroom(s). Amount $500.
Team: For a project that will impact two or more teachers and their classrooms. Teachers must be within the same school. Amount $800.
- Applications are due by July 1, 2019
- Awardees will be notified by August 15, 2019
- Projects must be implemented in the 2019-2020 academic year
- Evidence of project work must be submitted to the PCEE Division Immediate Past Chair (Martha Cyr, email@example.com) by June 15, 2020
Eligibility: The applicant or applicants on a team must:
- Teach in a public, private, or charter school for the 2019-2020 academic year;
- Teach grade(s) pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12; and
- Work or otherwise be affiliated with a member of the PCEE Division of ASEE. Affiliation includes having participated within a professional development workshop conducted by the PCEE member, working in partnership with the PCEE member on a curriculum writing or research project, or being a student of the PCEE member. Other affiliations may be considered as well. This PCEE member will be henceforth referred to as the “PCEE Division Advocate.”
Full details about the required application materials, the link for submission, the review process, and the evidence of project work for the grant is available in this document. Contact Martha Cyr with any questions.