Dear Pre-College Engineering Education (PCEE) Division Members,
Just a few repeats in this newsletter:
- The ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition is less than two months away, June 27-29th in New Orleans! By May 2nd, sessions will be finalized, and those of you who have authored papers for the conference will need to upload final papers by this date. We’re in the “advance registration” period now; click here to register.
- Don’t forget to register for the ASEE K-12 Workshop, which will take place in New Orleans on Saturday, June 25th. Register now by clicking here.
- Two announcements (both posted in the last newsletter) follow my signature.
My next newsletter will be in one week – May 4th – shifting our newsletter schedule a bit as we approach the conference. Please pass along newsletter items for me to share with the division. Keep them to a paragraph or so.
Pamela S. Lottero-Perdue, Ph.D.
Chair, Pre-College Engineering Education Division
American Society for Engineering Education
Associate Professor of Science Education
Director, Integrated STEM Instructional Leadership (PreK-6) Post-Baccalaureate Program
Department of Physics, Astronomy & Geosciences
~ ANNOUNCEMENTS ~
OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE YOUR WORK:
P-12 Engineering and Design Education Research Summit: The INSPIRE Research Institute for Pre-College Engineering would like to invite you to submit a paper to and/or participate in the 3rd P-12 Engineering and Design Education Research Summit Aug 11-13, 2016 in Chicago, IL. Please invite your friends and colleagues to do the same (see attached flyer). There is still an opportunity for groups to co-host the event and for individuals to serve on the planning committee. You do not need to submit a paper to attend. Registration for authors and other attendees is $250. Summit Website: www.inspire-purdue.org/3rdP-12summit. Submit Papers: www.docs.lib.purdue.edu/p12eders
If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth Gajdzik firstname.lastname@example.org
OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE ASEE & the DIVISION:
Help needed from PCEE division members! Are you interested in helping the ASEE Standing Board Committee on P12 Engineering Education pull off a “Focus on P12 & Pre-College Engineering Education” series of events in New Orleans? The main idea with these events is to let the ASEE community at-large know about our exciting work in pre-college engineering education, and to suggest that they, too, find ways to positively impact the P12 space. What might you do as a volunteer?
- Help us plan events;
- Help staff a special booth that we have to feature pre-college engineering near the registration desk;
- Help identify and hand out exciting “bling;” and
- Get the word out at the conference about this ASEE organization-wide effort.
If you are interested, please send your name and how you’d like to help to the Standing Board Committee on P12 Engineering Education at email@example.com